Saturday, March 2, 2013

Feeding Time

I went for my usual early morning walk in the countryside this morning. on Saturday morning, most people were still in bed after a long work week. as I strolled along, I watched the sheep to  see if I could see any new spring lamb born during  the night. then I heard a new mother's voice calling in her distinctive chant. Immediately, I heard her new born twins respond in their special, recognizable cadence. Mother was calling out, "It is breakfast time." And her children responded. they rushed  to her side and began to suck her warm milk.
The experience, not only reminded me of the beauty and instinctive nature of the animal world, but, on a much deeper level, of the invitation from God to come and suck at the breasts  of his divine love.

No comments: