Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cultivating God's Garden

          As part of my retirement, I decided to start a garden. so, on Valentine's Day,with spade in hand, I began the digging process. thes soggy earth yielded the sod quite easily. Progress was slow an the blisters on my hand a distraction. as i continued to dig and turn over the sod, the plentiful worms cried out, hoping that i would not dissect them accidentally as they went about their God given task.
          The whole adventure reminded me of Lent and  turning over a new sod of growth. The ground needed to be cultivated lovingly before and growth might take place.
          It reminded me too of howI spent forty years trying to help people discern how the Lord was cultivating the garden of people's lives.
          Obviously, as I ready my garden for springtime planting, I reflect on how the Lord is planting a new crop of possibilities in my own life.

No comments: